akaMeet – One-stop Remote-sale Solution for Banking, Finance Service & Insurance
Covid-19 has triggered a massive spike in uncertainty to multiple industries, predominantly Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI) sector. Social distancing, the market lockdown has given significant impacts on sales activities and customer service considerations. In Response to crisis-driven changes, BFSI businesses seek for relevant solutions to enhance sale productivity, foster business growth and ensure customer satisfactorily.
License Plate Recognition
LPR is an image-processing technology used to identify vehicles by their license plates. The License Plate detection in video stream consists of 3 main steps:
- Motion detection (background subtraction).
- When motion is detected, license plate detection engine for still image (a LPB Feature-based Cascade detector) is activated.
- When license plate is detected, license plate tracking (Kalman filter) module is activated. Few good images will be selected from the track of a license plate, to be processed in next phase.
This technology is used in various security and traffic applications, such as the access-control system and smart traffic system.
Solution & Technologies
- Segmentation & rectification: ASM (active shape model).
- OCR (optical character recognition): template matching.
- Vietnamese and Japanese license plates.
- Stable under different camera positions and angles and different weather conditions.
- Average accuracy of 96.5%.