FPT IoV Platform
Internet of Vehicle (IoV) is a platform that builds solutions related to connected cars, including hardware and software; and most importantly solutions for Digital Automotive Intelligence Platform. Currently, FPT has 3 usage scenarios for IoV: Smart Fleet, Usage-based Insurance and In-bus Infotainment. Discover more about FPT’s automotive capabilities at https://www.fpt-software.com/industries/automotive/.
License Plate Recognition
LPR is an image-processing technology used to identify vehicles by their license plates. The License Plate detection in video stream consists of 3 main steps:
- Motion detection (background subtraction).
- When motion is detected, license plate detection engine for still image (a LPB Feature-based Cascade detector) is activated.
- When license plate is detected, license plate tracking (Kalman filter) module is activated. Few good images will be selected from the track of a license plate, to be processed in next phase.
This technology is used in various security and traffic applications, such as the access-control system and smart traffic system.
Solution & Technologies
- Segmentation & rectification: ASM (active shape model).
- OCR (optical character recognition): template matching.
- Vietnamese and Japanese license plates.
- Stable under different camera positions and angles and different weather conditions.
- Average accuracy of 96.5%.