Until 2020 and the pandemic, HR departments were somewhere at the end of the business food chain. They required funds and constant evolvements while not providing any direct profits to a business. The COVID-19 and work-from-home tendency have changed the priorities of companies around the world and proved that HR does need investment influx to ensure that the rest of the departments succeed in the rapidly changing setting.
Starting from March of this year, companies began chaotically reinventing the wheel to reprioritize their goals, reshape the day-to-day operations, and repurpose the existing employees to avoid the cuts. Unfortunately, in manufacturing, many layoffs were introduced since the virus outbreak, and this was the time when manufacturing technology solutions and workforce optimization came upfront for effective work processes.
If your company is still struggling with getting back on feet and the disordered decisions continue to bring no result, then read below what workforce optimization software is and how it can revolutionize your business.
What is workforce optimization?
WFO is a strategy that is focused on a perfect balance of customer satisfaction, workforce (employees) scheduling satisfaction, operational costs, service levels, and many other service metrics that guarantee a business its maximum benefit. The strategy frequently comes in handy when a company is planning an enlargement or, as the practice shows, a significant transformation of the existing operations. In simple words, through production management software, the WFO allows minimizing the time on production as well as the force involved while delivering greater profits.
What is workforce optimization software?
Most often, workforce optimization software is a console with several management tools that help businesses to monitor their services or product quality, customer satisfaction, analytics, or even eLearning. By combining multiple elements of the company’s success, such software helps to efficiently reshape the current processes and deliver greater profit with the same and even smaller resources.
What does it do?
As production management software, WFO collects information from the existing processes and about the current workers (speed of particular detail manufacturing, the time required to resolve an issue, skills pertained by the employees, etc.), it then analyzes it and provides an extensive predicting and forecasting report on the possible improvements, such as matching the right skill to the right task or changing the order of actions for improved efficiency. In the context of the pandemic world, workforce optimization software can fill in the holes that appeared due to the layoffs, find spots for automation, identify and set up the missing links between departments, and generally streamline the company’s operations and processes.
What are the benefits of using a WFO Solution?
The actual benefits of any workforce optimization software heavily depend on the set of tools you are using. Each piece of your console will give its part of perks and when used in combination with the rest of the tools can help with the processes coordination no matter how disconnected they are. For example, it can create a perfect schedule considering each worker’s personal needs, find the blind spots in training, and fill them in with the information. AI-based MRP software can also predict the maintenance of some tools and so plan the pauses in the working schedules to maximize productivity and minimize the losses.
The greatest benefit of any WFO software is its applicability in every industry and company of any size. Productivity boost and efficient strategy are what a business receives after implementing the software in the day-to-day operations. Among others, you can expect the following advantages.
- Automation of mundane scheduling. There is no need to puzzle over specific requests of each employee about holidays, special days, birthdays, etc. The software calculates it all and provides a clear schedule that fits everyone’s needs.
- Research of the required resources. Every employee needs a different set of tools or workshops to succeed at work and reach peak performance. Workforce optimization software can find the right set of coaching and evaluation techniques as well as training to empower them.
- Identification of new opportunities. Real-time analysis of all data uncovers new revenue opportunities by also providing the path of reaching them.
- Increased customer loyalty and satisfaction rates. Most manufacturing ERP software instances have the voice-of-customer insights delivered to guarantee that the companies are producing exactly what the market demands. The VoC is one of the most valuable tools when it comes to customer retention and loyalty building since it clearly shows how an individual customer can change your operation for the better of both sides.
- Lower costs. The software carefully follows every business operation and collects feedback and data to deliver excessive analysis on how to optimize the processes across teams and lower overall business and production costs.
- Optimized staff. If a company has to let go of some crucial staff members, WFO software will adjust the current hands to the existing tasks ensuring that no overtime or overload follows.
- Maximized productivity. By guaranteeing your workforce suitable hours and comfortable working conditions, a business can directly impact the final productivity of every company aspect.
By offering all of the above, workforce optimization software also adds a crucial aspect to any business – lower turnover of staff members. Efficient management that knows what its employees need guarantees that the workers remain happy and hence do not leave the team. Lower people turnover also means lower costs of onboarding and training.
What are the top features of WFO software?
To optimize any business process, the first step is always an analysis of the current state of affairs. In terms of manufacturing, for example, manufacturing production software goes through the processes, calculates the workforce required for a particular operation based on real-time data, high-traffic data, and historical archives. This calculation is called the prediction of workforce optimization software. Based on this calculated data, a manager can plan the work schedule months in advance and at the same time be flexible about them,
Time tracking feature helps identify overstaffing or understaffing for more efficient job-placement and schedule creation. It is especially crucial for high-season times in every manufacturing business. Besides that, with the prediction and time tracking, the schedules become available to the employees in advance to allow them for shift swapping. It then leads to greater workers’ satisfaction and smaller losses due to unexpected situations or missed shifts.
Every manager in every business needs to produce a wide range of reports on performance, incidents, problems, changes, and many others. The software can easily automate this process and deliver a ready-made report based on the data in the system. Due to extensive tools and filters that manufacturing production software offers such reports can be easily customized for a particular time frame or worker, or a set of criteria.
The bottom line
There are numerous benefits of investing in workforce optimization software, and each app can bring a business its own perk. What is essential to understand is that every business needs people to run it, so the happier are the in-house employees, the greater the profit for the whole company. Since digitalization and automation are the foundation of every industry now and in the future, implementation of manufacturing management software is essential to lower the costs and maximize the gain. If you have any questions about the topic or plan to implement such a solution in your company, do not hesitate to contact us and discuss the details.