The client is a global world class bank. The Bank competes to be the leading global provider of financial solutions, creating lasting value for their clients, their shareholders, their people and the communities in which we operate.
FPT analyzed the legacy system and suggested:
- Some existing Lotus Notes applications needed to be consolidated from several applications and treated as one migrated application. FPT will clearly state the benefits and drawbacks of all consolidation opportunities to enable The Client to make informed decisions for application consolidations. FPT will identify as many consolidation opportunities as can be identified. FPT will clearly state the complexity of the migrated application and this application will only count as one application of the designated complexity regardless of the number of source applications consolidated into each migrated application.
- Some existing Lotus Notes applications which served no further future business purpose and are therefore targeted for archival as determined by The Client, will not be migrated. The PMO would define criteria for the applications which were to be removed/retired by their Application Development and Support Teams. FPT would identify these archival applications and databases as part of further detailed assessment, where the Client would then select archival or migration for the applications.
Once FPT and the Client’s PMO had agreed on the categorization of the applications, the implementation phase was carried out:
- Development would be based on pre-defined solutions/designs created by FPT’s architecture team and approved by The Client’s architecture team;
FPT’s Citus™ Migration Suite supported the data migration process (with the approval from Microsoft);
- The project team worked in factory delivery model with clear roles & responsibilities, to optimize migration task force; retain and centralize knowledge;
- Management Dash Board was utilized to monitor the change, early detection of critical issues, standardized communication channel;
- The project team provided user acceptance support, deployment support and production support for the Client’s over 20,000 users worldwide.