Our customer is one of the largest door-to-door delivery service companies in Asia.
The Client was looking for a solution to transform its mobility system targeting for Mobile Supporting Delivery in a very short time due to emerging market demands. The existing solution, provided by a 3rd-party vendor, was built on out-of-date hardware with limited features and connectivity.
FPT joined customer’s projects to upgrade the system’s architecture as well as technology to Android – the world’s most popular mobile platform.
- Develop a part of firmware and core business. Migrate all business applications from the old system to the new one.
- Contribute new ideas to solve the gap between 2 systems and develop new features which (1) take advantages from the new modern platform, such as standby mode for fast app resume; new UX/UI in larger and touchable screen and (2) integrate with Printer, Scanner, Payment Terminal Devices, etc.
In order to meet the tight deadline, providing a large amount of senior resource on mobility: 1450 MM offshore, 167 MM long term onsite, 40 MM short term onsite.
Mobile Supporting in Shipping Processes: Collect and share cargo information & status for easy accessibility during the shipping process.
Step 1 – Prepare Cargo: Before shipping, staffs enter package information on Mobile application manually or by scanning QR code. Information includes size, type of goods, location of receipt, location. Fees are calculated automatically on the application.
Step 2 – Dispatch
Step 3 – Drop: At the drop location, staffs update the delivery status of the package: Delivered or returned (with the reason for return).
Step 4 – Collect: Collected packages (received or returned) are entered into the delivery process.
Step 5 – Return
Step 6 – Finish
- PPFramework: a customized framework built upon Android, provide common UI layout component, common services and utilities such as device connection, bar code handling, database operation, logging.
- Zxing: an open-source library used for processing QR bar code
- eMoney: a service for a payment gateway which supports popular payment services in Japan, such as Credit/Debit, Waon, Edy, Cashcard
- Programming Language: Java
- Framework: PPFramework (Android Framework based), SQLite, Zxing, eMoney service
- IDE: Eclipse
The software product was delivered with excellent quality in such a short time frame.
The new system can save hardware cost, improve significantly upgrade & maintain speed, and increase convenience and productivity by 20% and even create new business value:
- Enabling delivery staffs to salesman/marketer: provide sales & marketing packet inside a smartphone app.
- Going paperless: replace the paper registration form by mobile entry form, cut process time by 15%, and increase information security