The client is responsible for promoting and regulating the Singapore media sector. Client was founded by the Singapore government with the goal of developing Singapore as a global communications hub.
- The customer’s current Intranet was developed in SharePoint 2007 which also serves as a core platform for hosting multiple business processes (15 separate apps). Now they would like to upgrade the whole system to SharePoint 2013 since the tech is out-of-date, the system suffers poor performance and is hard to integrate.
- The client also wants to revamp several apps and enhance with new functionalities.
For UI & Business Logic:
- Step 1 – Upgrade SharePoint Branding & UI. Develop custom themes, master page.
- Step 2 – Upgrade SharePoint Content DB using self-developed PowerShell scrips to provision site collections, subsites, lists, items, documents.
- Step 3 – Perform reverse engineering to understand the requirements. Upgrade application business logic & fix any server-side/client-side incompatibility issues between the two platforms.
- Step 4 – Implement enhancements using front-end and back-end code (both S SharePoint Server Object Model and CSOM).
- Step 5 – Completely re-write legacy apps that do not meet the new requirements or have poor design/performance.
For Data Migration: choose appropriate approach for each app:
- Use FPT Citus® Migration Suite, develop data migration scripts and post-process tools.
- Use Microsoft Content Database approach to upgrade directly from SP2007 to SP2010 temporarily and then to SP2013. Upgrade SharePoint’s branding and theme and create PowerShell scripts to migrate users.
- Develop data verification tools to compare data and generate migration reports.
- Team has delivered the system that meets customer expectations of quality and timeline with very little leakages found during User acceptance test.
- Successfully replace legacy system with a stable SharePoint 2013 system that has better performance and user experience, and up-to-date business processes.
- The new system integrates perfectly with existing AD, Email system, Enterprise Content Management system and other external applications, provides better synchronization between different departments.
- Development: C#, ASP.NET, jQuery, SharePoint 2013 SOM/CSOM, SharePoint REST APIs, SQL Server 2012, Objective ECM, Bootstrap, Silverlight.
- Tools: Visual Studio, SharePoint Designer, PowerShell, STSADM cmdlets, FPT Citus® Suite.