We here at FPT Software have been developing and healthcare software applications for several decades. From research and manufacturing to sales and marketing, we’re involved in every step of the healthcare software development process. Located in Japan with branches in the United States, Europe, and Asia, FPT Software is an international medical systems manufacturer that you can depend on.
In this post, we’d like to tell you about a revolutionary new healthcare software we’ve recently developed. Essentially, it provides medical professionals with a better, more accurate CT scan. This new development has overarching diagnostic potential for doctors from all disciplines, as it applies to the entire body.
Computed Tomography Angiography has become much more prevalent in recent years. CT Angiography uses dye to create vivid contrast on the screen, enabling doctors and technicians to diagnose and treat circulatory and cardiac diseases with increased accuracy. Since the data on the blood vessels has the same CT value as does data on bones, we can gather a lot of information on blood diagnosis.
However, we only see the bone in the places where blood and bone are in close proximity, and this can interfere with an accurate diagnosis. Our new application solves this problem by automatically distinguishing blood from bone vessels on CT images. This would allow medical professionals to view blood vessels exclusively without interference from unwanted bone data. This technology is applicable to not only the head and neck but all areas of the body as well.
This new technology has a wide range of applications for the medical field. From direct application to medical software to software engineering, it promises to deliver astounding innovations. Let’s take a closer look.
Medical Software Application
As previously mentioned, this new technology will automatically distinguish blood from bone vessels on the CT scan, giving doctors more accurate information for diagnosis. What’s more, it can perform more detailed data manipulation as well.
- Automatically remove bone: remove bone data from CT scan automatically and allow for the extraction of bone or blood vessel data exclusively.
- Modify results: Add, delete, or change blood vessel data.
This technology is very versatile and can be applied to all parts of the body and used to analyze different tissues. Over the past fifteen months, we have developed 9 ways this technology can analyze CT images.
- Perfusion Analysis
- Calcium Scoring
- Coronary Analysis
- Dental Analysis
- Abdomen Analysis
- Lung Analysis
- Osteo Pointer
- Bone Removal
- Muscle/Fat Pointer
Healthcare Application Development
We used an onsite-offshore model to complete this project, with a team working onsite to support the offshore team. We followed software protocols during development to ensure the product’s quality. We implemented several different algorithms to locate the best for processing this kind of data. Additionally, we reviewed and optimized the code until we got the results we were looking for. One problem that we encountered was memory leakage. We dealt with this by using linked memory blocklists, which satisfied performances requirements and the memory leakage.
Although our company faced challenges while developing this application, such as a short deadline and highly complex processing and performance requirements, we were nevertheless able to garner some real benefits from this experience. One benefit is that the client trusted us to have the expertise required to solve this complicated technological problem. Another is that we were able to develop the application at a competitive cost, mainly due to our offshore approach to development, which drastically reduced project cost.
Why Work with Offshore Teams?
Outsourcing to offshore teams allowed us to cut costs and boost efficiency. Here are some trends we noticed when working with offshore teams to develop healthcare software systems.
- Increased Capacity- No healthcare software development company wants to refuse extra business if they can avoid it. However, having more extensive staff to deal with sudden increases in business isn’t economical. Additional full-time employees who are paid a full salary and benefits to deal with influx work are redundant. Hiring offshore teams when you need extra workers is the best way to increase your capacity at a minimum cost.
- More Economical – Whether you’re working with a limited budget or not, saving money where you can is always a desired outcome. As opposed to employing someone full time, you don’t have to provide offshore teams with health or other benefits. So by hiring a unit from another country, you will be saving your company money, which can be used in other project areas.
- Prepare for Growth – All businesses want to expand. Outsourcing is one way you can grow your business at a minimum risk. Hiring offshore teams to deal with specific jobs is cost-effective and gives you a safety net to prevent firing full-time employees if there is a drop in business.
Our bone removal software for CT scans will provide the healthcare industry with more accurate CT scans, giving medical professionals the details they need to make better diagnoses. As a healthcare software developer, FPT Software is committed to providing our clients with the best possible solutions. To find out more about the healthcare software systems we offer, visit us on our website.